This safari is designed for the following.
- Those already in Nairobi
- Those coming who have already finished their Masai Mara Migration Safaris and want to combine with Rwanda 4 days gorilla tracking. Those who want to combine their Serengeti Migration Safaris with Gorilla Tracking Experience.
- Those in other parts of the world – New York, London, Sydney, Dubai, Moscow, Johannesburg, Los Angeles, Boston, Paris, Munich, Berlin, Geneva, Amsterdam, Rome, Milan etc and wants to use Nairobi as base of their gorilla tracking in Rwanda.
- Those from Zanzibar and Kilimanjaro and wants to go gorilla tracking in Rwanda
- Those already in Mombasa, Zanzibar and wants to track gorillas in Rwanda
We will help all the above to book their gorilla permits and organize their connecting flights from Nairobi to Kigali, organize their transportation, accommodation and excursions within Rwanda.
Day 1 Transfer and Flight Nairobi to Kigali
Your driver will pick you from Nairobi City Hotel and transfer you to the airport to catch your flight to Kigali. The flights depart in the morning and afternoon. The best are morning flights. In my opinion Kigali is the smiling city. The people are beautiful and forever smiling. Its a wonderful place to be. On arrival in Kigali you are met and taken for a city tour.
Arrival Kigali And Drive To Musanze (Former Ruhengeri) -Kinigi
Upon arrival at Kanombe Airport , you are met by your driver who will show you the city and drive you to Kinigi the base of gorilla tracking. Visit the city sites, have lunch. After lunch visit the genocide memorial of Gisozi and drive to Kinigi. You arrive at Kinigi in time for dinner and overnight. This 2Hrs drive takes you through the beautifully terraced hilly countryside of Rwanda with lots of photography opportunities. Brief stop are provided for photography. Rwanda is safe and you have nothing to fear. You can get out of your vehicle anywehere. Overnight at Mountain Gorilla View Lodge/ La Palme Hotel (Musanze) / Sabyinyo Silverback Community Lodge (B/L/D)
Day 2 Rwanda-GorillaTracking Volcanoes National Park( Parc des Volcans)
An early morning breakfast is followed by a drive to Kinigi park headquarters for group, guide allocation and briefing. This is followed by a drive to the trailheads where hiking and trekking up the hills to the bamboo zone begins. Hiking, trekking and tracking gorillas may take 2-3 hours. Sight and stay with the Gorillas for one hour. Descend to your hotel for lunch. In the afternoon visit Lakes Burela and Ruhondocommunity. Return to Kinigi in time for dinner.Overnight at Mountain Gorilla View Lodge/ Kinigi Guest House / Sabyinyo Silverback Community Lodge (B/L/D) (This tour of Lakes possible if guests finish tracking on time at no extra cost).
Day 3 Gorilla Tracking Rwanda Volcanoes National Park
After breakfast, drive to Kinigi Park headquarters for guide, group allocation and briefing. This is followed by a drive to the trail heads where hiking/ trekking begins. Gorilla Tracking begins upon sighting of the previous night’s nests. Stay with the gorillas for an hour and return to the base hotel for lunch. In the afternoon drive to Gisenyi on the shores of Lake Kivu. Overnight Kivu Serena Hotel (B/L/D)
Day 4 Ruhengeri / Gisenyi – Kigali-Home
After breakfast drive to Kigali . Have a city tour followed by lunch. In the afternoon transfer to the airport for home flight.
How Much Does it cost
The price is based on per person sharing a twin or a double room. The price is all inclusive of meals, transportation, accommodation and permits. Price is presented as budget, mid range or luxury
The following is per person price is for two people sharing
Budget USD 2509.00 pp
Mid Range USD 2767.00 pp
Luxury USD 4029.00 pp
Price Explanations- Budget, Mid Range Luxury
(1) Budget=2 La Palme + 1 night Malahide Paradise Hotel (Gisenyi)
(2) MidRange= 2 Nights Mountain Gorilla View/ Gorilla Nest + 1 Night Kivu Serena Hotel
(3) Luxury =2Nights Sabyinyo Silverback Community Lodge+1 Night Kivu Serena Hotel .
All prices are on full board basis.
Gorilla Permits: In theory, gorilla permits are non transferable and non refundable. However we do transfer permits and refund permit amounts to our guests. We guarantee this.
Validity of the price: The above price is valid for Bookings made between today-30 Dec 2013
Green Season for Sabyinyo Lodge falls between 01 April-31 May when prices are lower than above.
To enquire and book a gorilla safari in Rwanda:
he price include the following:
- Accommodation cost per person sharing on full board basis.
- All Meals at hotel- Meals indicated as B-Breakfast; L-lunch; D-Dinner
- Transportation on 4WD fully fuelled and chauffeured
- Driver’s Allowance’s allowance
- 2 Gorilla permits per person
- Park Entrance fee
- Use of ranger guides while tracking
- Complementary tour of Lake Kivu on day 2 if you finish tracking on time.
- All government taxes
- Complimentary tour of Genocide memorial of Gisozi the last day if time allow.
- Plenty of mineral water during your tour.
- Evacuation cover- This cover by AAR It covers you for 15 days while in East Africa- Kenya, Uganda , Rwanda , and Tanzania
The price does not include the following
Tips& Gratuities to guides, drivers and hotel staff , Beverages ,Extra meals ,Optional tours, Air fares, Visa fees and Travel